skip to main content

Provider appeal


The Department of Labor and Industries (L&I) makes decisions about a provider's eligibility to provide services to industrially-injured workers. If you disagree with a decision made by L&I, you should do one of the following:

  • File a protest and request for reconsideration with L&I


  • File an appeal with the BIIA

Do not file a protest with L&I if you are filing an appeal with the BIIA.


If you disagree with a decision made by L&I on a claim or payment, use the Workers' compensation appeal process.

You must file an appeal within 60 days of the date you receive L&I's decision to deny enrollment or remove or suspend you from the health care provider network.

Your appeal should include:

  • Your name and address.
  • Your provider number.
  • Date of L&I's decision, and a copy of the decision being appealed.
  • The reasons why you disagree with the decision.
  • County in which you would like proceedings to be held.

File online

You can file a workers’ compensation appeal on our website at:

File in person, by mail, or by fax

Please send your appeal to:

Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals
2430 Chandler Court SW
PO Box 42401
Olympia WA 98504-2401
FAX: 360-586-5611, outside Olympia: 855-586-5611